Last night, I made this quick and simple dinner of baked tilapia with pumpkin seed crust. It takes just minutes to prepare and is quite delicious!
- 2 Fresh Talapia filets
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Bran Crumbs
- 1/2 ripe Avocado, mashed
- Dash of NuSalt and Pepper, to taste
- Dash of chili powder
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Handful of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- Lemon wedges, juice for topping
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine bran, pumpkin seeds, fresh cilantro, avocado, tomato sauce, red onion, fresh basil, chili powder, Nu-Salt and pepper in a food processor; blend until mixture is the consistency of paste.
- Spoon a thick layer of the pumpkin seed mixture on top of each tilapia fillet.
- Lay a large piece of parchment paper atop a baking sheet. Place each tilapia fillet atop the parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove tilapia fillets from the oven and unwrap parchment paper.
- Serve each fillet over a bed of cooked quinoa with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Share your thoughts
Wow, I never would’ve thought to put pumpkin seeds on my tilapia… I’ll need to try that!
This is my kind of dinner quick and delicious at the same time.
The crusty dish with Talapia and the pumpkin seeds must be absolutely gorgeous 🙂
Thanks so much; it’s a great quick and tasty recipe that’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner…let me know how you like it!!!!
Enjoy your weekend.