Recently I was contacted by Musselman’s Apple Sauce to create a holiday side dish using their apple sauce. To say the least, I pretty much inhaled the complimentary 2 jars they sent to me. Delicious is an understatement and I had a fabulous time in my new kitchen devising a holiday recipe side dish.
And the best news is that the kind folks over at Musselman’s are offering a Musselman’s Gift Basket to one of my readers. Simply leave a comment on this post with your favorite ways to eat apple sauce and I will be choosing a winner tomorrow! Good Luck!
Basil Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Musselman’s Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Libby’s canned pumpkin
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp. ghee or butter alternative
- Stevia for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ghee, agave nectar and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, vanilla, chopped basil, applesauce, and pumpkin to sugar mixture; mix on low speed.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add to the wet ingredients while continuing to mix on low speed.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin pan with batter 3/4 way full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with stevia.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.