I recently created a delicious recipe for The Foodie Blog Roll and the National Mango Board for their fabulous ‘Leftover Recipe Challenge’, which incorporates some of my favorite ingredients avocado, cilantro, basil and agave nectar and leftover fresh mango’s and Roma tomatoes in my pantry.
- 2 large fresh mango’s, diced
- 1 ripened avocado, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber,diced
- 1 medium Roma tomato, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
- Serve alongside whole grain chips, pitas or crudites.
In The News…
Top Restaurant Trends for 2010
Studies Show Eating Patterns for the Next 10 Years