I recently created a delicious recipe for The Foodie Blog Roll and the National Mango Board for their fabulous ‘Leftover Recipe Challenge’, which incorporates some of my favorite ingredients avocado, cilantro, basil and agave nectar and leftover fresh mango’s and Roma tomatoes in my pantry.
- 2 large fresh mango’s, diced
- 1 ripened avocado, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber,diced
- 1 medium Roma tomato, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
- Serve alongside whole grain chips, pitas or crudites.
In The News…
A Salty Tale: Why We Need A Diet Less Rich in Sodium
Share your thoughts
Mmm I would totally just eat this by itself out of the bowl! All of my favorite ingredients!
I LOVE this recipe. Mango and avocado and cilantro might just be the best combination evah!
I love mango salsa AND avacados, so I can`t wait to try this recipe! Also the article about our fave natural food brands is scary and sad. I love Kashi and I´ve been eating Stoneyfield Farms since I was a kid!