Honestly, I’ve fallen in love with a cutting board…
The John Boos Cutting Board, that is…and O, how fine it is!
Now, this isn’t just any ol’ cutting board, aside from the fact that it’s incredibly well crafted and aesthetically pleasing to the eye, this John Boos cutting board can handle anything you desire. The best part? It’s reversible…yes, you’ve heard me correctly, the easy to grip side hand grips allow you to flip the cutting board and start chopping right away on the other side. I opted for the Maple Board as I think the wood looks incredibly beautiful on my counter top. This professional cutting board is cream finished with beeswax and used in many fine restaurants all over the country…now, who wouldn’t love one of these babies in their kitchen?
Today I was hard at work in my tiny kitchen…chopping, dicing, slicing…you name it, I did it! That’s why good ol’ John Boos came in handy. I opted for a vegetable stew to warm me up on this chilly December day.
Hearty Chickpea n’ Veggie Stew
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1′” cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 3/4 cup all natural tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot, add onions, olive oil and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook, covered, on low heat for 6-7 hours or until vegetables are tender.