Up today are my famous Roasted Chestnuts.
These aren’t like any other candied nut; they’re something special because they are sugar free.
After making these nuts last week for friends, I’ve had numerous requests asking for this recipe, so I thought I’d share it with all of you.
It’s a perfect homemade ‘clean’ gift you can wrap in a mason jar with some red and white twine and a cute tag; perfect for your child’s school teacher, your neighbor or your cubicle buddy at the office, wouldn’t ya say?
This gift is full of pecans, cashews and pumpkin seeds tossed with love in spices and stevia. If you’re like some of my clients and not wild about the idea of pecans, try replacing them with cashews.
To start, you toast the nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
Meanwhile, combine all those spices in a large bowl and set aside.
Bring your butter and stevia to a boil on the stove top and pour over your nuts, then shake n’ roll in your spices and bam! You’re all set.
Let those babies dry on some parchment paper and then you can toss them into cute mason jars with ribbon and tags to give to your holiday buddies. It’s all about the cute packaging, folks.
I like recipes that fit into cute, little containers. Easier to shake out and pour into your mouth that way. Right?
You can keep your nuts in a sealed container in the fridge and they’ll last a week or so, depending on how much of a nut monster you choose to be.
Such a nutty, nifty gift, ain’t it?
And don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page where I’m hosting the ’25 Days of Christmas’ Giveaway Every Day. I’m giving away a new gluten-free gift everyday from December 1st-December 25th.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
- 2 cups chestnuts, sliced
- 1 cup pecans halves
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. stevia liquid
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Simply Organic Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Simply Organic Coriander
- ⅛ tsp. Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- ⅛ tsp. Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- Toast nuts and seeds in a dry pan for 3 minutes; set aside.
- Mix all spice mix ingredients together in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter and stevia to a boil; whisking every 10 seconds. Pour mixture over nuts and seeds with a spoon until all liquid is evaporated.
- Transfer nuts and seeds to the large bowl of spices; gently toss to coat.
- Spread on parchment paper to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 141.3 cal • Fat: 8.7 g • Protein: 2.3 g • Carb: 15.1 g • Fiber: 1.4 g • Sugar: 1.7 g • Sodium: 30.8 mg