Yep, You Guessed it…Me….
I am one of the winners for the Expressions of Hunger Video Contest who will be featured on the front of Cheerios Boxes, sold exclusively at nationwide ShopRite stores this Fall 2010!
The Expressions of Hunger Video Contest focused on sharing emotions, thoughts and feelings through music, poetry, performance, art and storytelling to enlighten others about hunger in our community.
I am looking forward to my Cheerios photo shoot and I’ll be sure to let you all know when my picture and name are in the cereal aisles!
Keeping in line with my cereal theme of the day, I thought I’d share with you a tasty breakfast idea that is an easy go-to-snack and convenient on-the-go breakfast idea…Enjoy!
Amie’s Homeade ‘Oaties’ Bars
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed or wheat germ
- 2 Eggland’s Best egg whites or egg substitute
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from a large orange)
- 1 tsp. orange peel zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla (gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao or dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine rice milk, egg whites, orange juice, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients; mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until edges are crispy and brown.
- Cut into bars.