A few weeks ago Whole Foods Market asked me to create a few fun recipes with their yummy grapes.
How could I resist?
I was alone in my kitchen with five bursting bags of grapes. Green, red and black luscious, organic grapes. Ahhhh what else can a gal ask for?
After a few hours of recipe development, I created four yummy grape recipes (all to come soon- I promise).
But this one stuck out from the other three.
This here ice cone recipe is hard to out-do.
I mean- who doesn’t love an ice cone?
It’s the winner, in my book.
Not only is it a refreshing treat for my afternoon but it’s a perfect snack to serve to the kiddies after a full day of school.
I got this idea from my friend, Kirstin who is such a creative mom- she whipped out her handy-dandy ice cone maker and showed me how to make this simple dessert.
It only takes a few minutes to make….costs less than it would to drive to the ice cream parlor and buy an ice cream cone…and it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and vegan.
You can now smile and keep your cool because Ben & Jerry’s ain’t seen nothin’ like this.
It’s a simple sweet treat kinda day.
Treat yourself to a snow cone, won’t cha?
- 4 cups green grapes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. liquid stevia I used NuNaturals brand
- 1/4 tsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 cups shaved ice
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute; remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard solids.
- Using an ice machine, shave ice into a four glasses.
- Pour grape liquid atop shaved ice and serve immediately.