I’ve got a few more Christmas recipes up my sleeve before the big day.
15 Days to go and a whole lotta recipes to make.
I’ve been a Christmas making fool the last few days. And this is by far the BEST recipe yet. I just got these new candy canes from Surf Sweets. They’re vanilla flavored and O’ so yummy. I was so giddy about them that I thought about developing a few recipes with ’em. They’re just so pretty and fun so I couldn’t help myself; I made five recipes with them but this one is by far the best. So yummy and holiday-inspired.
I sat down on on floor of my kitchen last week with a cup of tea in my hand and brainstormed a million candy cane recipe ideas on an inspiration board. I stashed my top five to a side pile labeled Make NOW and this treat, my friends, was one of those recipes. It was the winner and the best out of all five candy cane recipes.
With a sweet candy cane topping and layering of vanilla cake and pudding, this treat is one of a kind. Let’s just say that if baking a dozen cookies just ain’t your thang, this recipe is for you.
The best part is that you can make it with the kiddies; there’s no baking involved and they can have fun layering up their very own trifles. I just love this recipe and so did all my clients. After a bite or two they questioned where the fabulous vanilla flavor was coming from- then I introduced them to these candy canes. And I blew their minds.
O ya, I also blew their mind at the fact that this recipe takes a few minutes to make and doesn’t involve a messy kitchen or lots of pots n’ pans to clean. And because I’m a girlie girl and like my treats to look pretty, I added a lotta extra crushed candy canes to each triffle. Just ’cause. It’s a pretty good idea and I’m sure you’ll be down with it.
And don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page where I’m hosting the ’25 Days of Christmas’ Giveaway Every Day. I’ll be giving away a new gluten-free gift everyday from December 1st-December 25th.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
- 2 boxes Surf Sweets Candy Canes
- 2 5 ounce packages gluten-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pre-made gluten-free vanilla cake can also use Angel Food Cake or Pound Cake
- 3 cups cold almond milk
- 1 cup dairy-free whipped cream
- 2 15 oz cans coconut milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Place candy canes in a food processor; pulse until finely ground. Remove from food processor; transfer to a bowl.
- Prepare pudding with cold almond milk according to package directions; cover and place in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, scrape the coconut cream layer of the canned coconut milk into a chilled bowl (be sure not to pour in the liquid). Using an electric mixer, beat cream on medium speed; add sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Meanwhile, cut the cake into 1 inch pieces; set aside.
- Remove the cream from the refrigerator and beat with a whisk until fluffy. Layer cake pieces into twelve small glasses; layer and top with 3 Tbsp. ground candy canes, vanilla pudding and whipped coconut cream. Repeat layering.
- Top with additional coconut cream and garnish with ground candy canes.