It all starts with a lil’ batter.
Just a ‘bit of banana and some white chocolate chips. Fun combination, isn’t it?
I thought so.
Perfect for a Sunday night…
A way to unwind from the week and settle down with a little baking n’ jazz music with my family.
Cozy in my home, striking up the oven and getting down n’ dirty with some mashed bananas.
Yep, that was my weekend.
And it was grand.
It’s a beauty.
Yes, this fancy lil’ loaf is a pure gluten-free goddess.
And when you add white chocolate chips. It only gets better. Don’t ya think?
Sweet n’ delicious.
This is what came to mind with each bite dancin’ on my taste buds.
Toasted with a dollop of homemade almond butter (recipe to come soon) spread on top.
Done and done.
And take a bite.
Then, gimme a call and tell me how amazing it is.
You’ll be happy.
Gluten-Free n’ Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 1 stick Earth Balance Vegan Butter Stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Egg substitute for 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl combine rice flours sorghum flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt; mix well to combine.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream Earth Balance butter and sugar together fluffy. Add eggs and almond extract. Continue to beat; slowly add mashed banana and dry ingredients. Beat until well combined. Add white chocolate chips; stir by hand.
- Transfer batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven; set aside to cool before slicing and serving.
And be sure to check out my Featured Gluten-Free Recipes this week:
Zucchini n’ Avocado Hummus on WebMd
Nut n’ Seed Bar recipe on MiniMunchers