It all started when I saw the last signs of Jersey Fresh Corn at a farmer’s market.
In a cornbread recipe?
I mean. A girl’s gotta love her cornbread, right?
It’s a perfect dessert.
A decadent breakfast, toasted with nut butter.
Or just simply eaten alone.
Yes, it’s just that good.
The raw cacao takes the cake on this one…
No pun intended.
Whether you’re looking for a cornbread for a main dish, a side dish, an appetizer or dessert… She’s the beauty you’ve been longing to bake.
This baby’s got your name on it.
It’s on me.
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1 1/4 cups ground yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 6 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter sticks, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- Egg substitute for 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup raw cacao nibs
- Pinch chili powder
- Pinch cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare a 9 x 9 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
In large bowl, combine tapioca flour, cornmeal, brown rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Whisk well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine Earth Balance melted butter, almond milk, agave nectar and egg substitute; whisk well to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well. Add raw cacao nibs, chili powder and cinnamon.
Transfer mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy.
A special tribute to all those who lost loved ones in 9/11. I have joined my fellow blogging pal, Marla Meredith to support “A Decade Has Passed- We Bake to Remember”