It’s time again for another round of the Ratio Rally. Up this month is Gluten-Free Pate Choux and I cannot wait to see all of the tasty creations my fellow gluten-free foodies bake.
I’ve been a busy bee in the kitchen…baking up the perfect recipe for you and I’ve found it.
It’s fun to make. And only takes a few mere minutes to prepare.
It won’t heat up your kitchen (well, not for too long) in this warm summer weather.
But will just warm you up enough to get these babies nice n’ fluffy and scrumptious.
Just a few simple ingredients.
And I bet they’re all in your pantry.
The end result? Heaven. Like biting into a cloud.
So, what’s better than biting into a gluten-free (delicious) cloud? Well, topping it with Creamy Macadamia Icing, of course.
I’ve developed a sweet n’ simple homemade icing that is great to spread atop these pate choux.
Whether you’re making these babies for a Sunday brunch, an afternoon nibble, a morning treat or an evening dessert, you’ll be very happy. Very, very happy.
Big smiles coming your way with each bite.
It’s a mere dainty ‘puff’ of joy.
Well, it is for me at least.
Hehe. I’m a big fan and I know you’ll be one too.
They’re charming, to say the least, especially when served warm right out of the oven and spread with my creamy macadamia icing.
Go ahead, start your engines. Get bakin’ (and spreading) these pate choux are pretty hard to pass up and this macadamia icing is gunna be appearing in lots of recipes this summer…I think I’ve got all of my taste-testers hooked.
(My apologies in advance as I’m having computer picture trouble and unable to add my pictures to my posts at this time…as soon as this is fixed, I will be sure to put my pictures up. My apologies). xo
Here are the other delicious gluten-free bloggers participating this month.
Erin of The Sensitive Epicure | Gougers Filled with Herbed Goat Cheese Mousse
Caneel of Mama Me Gluten Free | Key Lime Cream Puffs
Claire of Gluten Freedom | Chocolate Eclairs
Gretchen of kumquat | Cheddar Gougères with Dates and Pine Nuts | A Danish Puff
Jenn of Jenn Cuisine | Gruyère & Herbed Gougères
Pete & Kelli of No Gluten, No Problem | Almond Choux Florentines
Rachel of The Crispy Cook | Cream Puffs Filled with Coffee Cream
Robyn of Chocswirl | Gruyere & Parmesan Gougeres with Sage & Thyme
Sea of Book of Yum | Rose Vanilla Cream Puffs and Vanilla Eclairs
Tara of A Baking Life | Parmesan & Black Pepper Gougères | Frangipane Puffs
Pate Choux with Creamy Macadamia Icing
- 1 cup purified water
- 1 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine water, Earth Balance Butter and sea salt over medium heat. Bring to a soft boil; reduce to a simmer. Add gluten-free flour and cinnamon; mix until combined. Cook for 2 minutes, continue to stir.
- Transfer dough into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Slowly add five eggs, one at a time until well combined. Continue to beat for 3-4 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, portion out golf-ball sized rounds onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lower oven to 200 degrees F; continue to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Set aside to cool before serving with Creamy Macadamia Icing (recipe below).
Creamy Macadamia Icing
Gluten-Free and Vegan
Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups agave nectar
- 12 oz. raw cashew butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup coco powder
- 1 tsp. rice milk
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to serving dish.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
Be sure to check out my latest article n’ recipes: