When I was little my Nanny always had some kind of brittle lying around during the holidays.
But I do recall seein’ some brittle.
I bet you have all 5 of these ingredients in your pantry right now.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup green (hulled) pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of curry powder
- In a medium sized saucepan, boil sugar, water and sea salt over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Let mixture cook without stirring until it reaches 240 degrees F, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; add pumpkin seeds and curry powder. Mix well until syrup crystallizes, about 5 minutes.
- Return saucepan to medium heat, cook until sugar is completely melted and starts to turn a caramel color, approximately 6 minutes.
- Pour caramel onto parchment paper; cover with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll on top with a rolling pin to ensure flatness.
- Set aside to cool before serving.
I’m excited to announce that I’ve been asked to host a Holiday ‘Clean Eating’ Live Class at Integral Yoga on Tuesday, December 13th at 6PM. It’s free to attend so I hope to see you there!
And I’m thrilled to be heading out to Santa Monica, California for IFBC (International Food Bloggers Conference) this week. I’m ready for some sunshine, good food and fun blogger friends!