I’ve spent the past week developing a gluten-free biscuit with my favorite natural sweeteners. After many hours of taste testing and baking away in my (hot) matchbox kitchen here in Manhattan, I finally discovered a delicious cracker that is incredible for a breakfast toast, an afternoon snack or an evening dessert….how so?
Well that’s easy; I’ve already discovered countless ways in which these biscuits taste delicious and I’ve got the proof to prove it…they’re all gone and in my belly, hehe! This week I crumbled a few biscuits in my morning oats, served them with my breakfast eggs, topped them with nut butter for an afternoon delight, used them as homemade breadcrumbs for my turkey balls and even created sprinkles for my evening ‘ice cream’ dessert…how will you eat these tasty balsamic biscuits?
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six (dry) ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining three (wet) ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into dry; mix well.
- Roll dough with a rolling pin into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a knife to cut dough into 2 inch squares.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.