Are you craving a hearty snack?
One that’s made with toasted bread n’ almonds?
Ya, I thought so.
You look like you’re craving a bit of my Almond Ricotta Toast in your life so I’ll let you in on my little recipe secret so that you can go ahead and get on with your day.
Whether you’re lookin’ for an easy breakfast, snack or evening treat- this toast is a fun way to switch up your boring apple and peanut butter and move on to something more exciting.
Can’t have ricotta cheese? No worries.
There are dairy-free coconut milk yogurts are easy substitutes for those of you who can’t have dairy.
The combination of healthy fats, whole grains and protein will hold you over and keep you satisfied while the sweet honey and orange zest will leave your taste buds smiling until your next meal.
So, round up these ingredients and make yourself a quick n’ easy nibble that you’ll be thanking me for.
Almonds? Check. Toast? Check. Ricotta Cheese (or dairy-free cheese)? Check. Almond Butter? Check. Honey? Check? Orange Zest? You betcha.
That’s all you’ll need.
So, what are you waiting for?
Whip out your cute lil’ toaster and have a bite.
I’m dyin ‘ta know what you think!
This is another one of my almond recipes that I created for the Almond Board of California.
I’m excited to announce that I’ve been asked to be a part of the Cooking Light Magazine Blogger’s Connection; so excited to be a part of this great magazine!
Now don’t forget to hop on over to my Facebook Page everyday until April 22nd where I’m giving away new prizes everyday for my ‘Spring Has Spring’ Giveaway.
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. ricotta cheese or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon almond butter melted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Toast each piece of bread until golden brown. Remove from toaster and transfer to a large plate.
- Top each slice of toast with ricotta cheese, covering the entire surface of the toast. Drizzle almond butter and honey on top of ricotta cheese. Top with sliced almonds and orange zest.