This pretty Caesar salad recipe is filled with lots of good-for-you things like ground flax seeds, Brussels sprouts and avocado.
I know what you’re thinking.
All my recipes involve these lovely lil’ Brussels sprouts.
Most of them.
I am just loving these green balls of joy and steaming them is so simple.
I mean, why not toss them into every salad, right?
They’re all over the farmers markets and front and center in Whole Foods Market- so every time I walk in I just can’t seem to help myself to 3 lbs. or so.
I think I’m obsessed.
Is that a bad thing?
Well, maybe but I’m starting to think I could live off of avocados and Brussels sprouts over here.
When tossed into a fun salad with fresh ginger, lemon juice and maca these Brussels sprouts become candy on my tongue.
Okay now I’m crazy.
There’s also a plethora of arugula in this salad- which adds a nice peppery touch – without the pepper, of course- as well as a yummy Caesar dressing, which makes it an instant winner.
Yep, that’s right: a Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Caesar Salad.
Whoever said Caesar salads had to be filled with anchovies and mayo?
Not me and you surely don’t wanna miss this recipe.
Bon App, my friends!
Gingersnap Dairy-Free ‘Caesar’ Salad
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts
- 4 cups mixed greens (spinach, radicchio, etc)
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 3/4 cup rice milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 Tbsp. maca powder
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/6 tsp. curry powder
- 1/6 tsp. fresh ginger root
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Steam Brussels sprouts on the stove top over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender and bright green. Remove from heat; transfer to a large salad bowl. Add mixed greens and arugula.
- In a blender, add remaining ingredients; pulse until smooth. Pour dressing onto salad; gently toss to combine.
- Serve chilled.