Pine Nut Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 24 large button mushrooms
- ¼ cup white onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup pine nuts, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. organic salsa
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set mushroom caps aside; discard stems.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent, approximately 6 minutes.
- Add cooked brown rice, quinoa, carrots, pine nuts, salsa, sea salt and pepper; cook until warm, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a teaspoon, transfer rice mixture in each mushroom cap. Slightly over-stuff mushroom caps with rice mixture.
- Place stuffed mushrooms in a single layer on prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by Eat Clean | Love Life Again at https://thehealthyapple.com/gluten-free-vegan-pine-nutstuffed-mushrooms/