Gluten-Free Cinnamon Basil Cornbread
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Side Dish, Dessert
- Egg replacer for 2 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1¼ cup So Delicious Almond Plus Almond Milk
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or defrosted frozen kernels)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Beat egg replacer, butter and milk in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients; mix well to combine. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Servings: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 215.7 cal • Fat: 9.8 g • Protein: 3.8 g • Carbs: 29.0 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 0.7 g • Sodium: 327.0 mg
Recipe by Eat Clean | Love Life Again at https://thehealthyapple.com/gluten-free-cinnamon-basil-cornbread/