These easy veggie nachos are super easy to make and are loaded with fresh tomatoes, scallions, and cucumbers, and topped with a garlic tahini sauce.
Click the PLAY button below to hear me walk you through the steps of how to make these nachos.
Who doesn’t LOVE to eat nachos? Especially when they’re healthy and loaded with veggies and fresh basil (so sweet for the end of summer). You can serve these nachos as an appetizer or an afternoon snack. They’re great for adults and kids, as well.
- Buy your favorite brand of gluten-free tortilla chips or make your own (Here’s my Homemade Tortilla Chip Recipe) and load them onto a large cutting board or serving dish.
- Load your favorite veggies on the top or sides of the tortilla chips. Drizzle everything with my Garlic Tahini Drizzle.
The tahini sauce recipe tastes the best when you use the brand of tahini from Whole Foods Market. This 365 Brand is thin, easy to drizzle and not chunky like so many other tahini brands.
You can easily add pulled chicken to these nachos. Poach an organic chicken breast in vegetable broth or water with sea salt and cook covered over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Then, use a fork to pull and shred the chicken. You can add the shredded chicken on top of the nachos before eating.
You can make these delicious gluten-free veggie nachos in no time. They're loaded with fresh veggies and a super easy garlic tahini sauce.
- 1 bag gluten-free whole grain tortilla chips
- 3 radishes quartered
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro or basil finely chopped
- optional toppings: guacamole, salsa
Garlic Tahini Sauce
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup tahini well-stirred
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Water, as needed to thin out the sauce
Pile the tortilla chips on top of each other in the center of a large serving platter or cutting board.
Place all of the veggies on top or sides of the tortilla chips or on the sides and drizzle with the Garlic Tahini Sauce (recipe below).
Garlic Tahini Sauce
Puree all the sauce ingredients in a food processor until creamy. Add water as needed for a thinner consistency. Pour over the nachos and serve.