This feature was sponsored by our friends at Nuts.com. All opinions are my own.
These Easy Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps with Guacamole are the ultimate party appetizer or weekend brunch. My tender, slow-roasted sweet onions are bursting with flavor alongside a spoonful of creamy guacamole, the BEST crunchy pecans and chunks of red bell peppers tossed into Bibb lettuce wraps.
You feel SO good.
You know what else feels SO good?
These Easy Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps. Wowzers. I have a little feeling you’re going to love ’em. I was telling you last week about my new love affair with pecans. And many of you have been asking me where I purchase them, so I thought I’d share my secret with you today. They’re not just any pecans- they’re the best pecans I’ve ever had in my life. True story.
I’m sort of a nut/seed snob. I can’t just buy any old nuts or seeds. Some are stale. Some soggy. Some taste-less and bland. Some too hard. You get the picture. Shopping for nuts and seeds is hard work, ha.
So, to make my life a heck of a lot easier, I get ALL of my nuts and seeds from one place and have them delivered to my door once a month. Heaven? Yes, absolutely.
My new favorite website. For real.
Nuts.com as my one-stop-shop for all of my pantry needs. And I have a pretty good feeling it’s going to be yours very soon, as well.
Go ahead, take a look. You probably won’t come back to my website because you’ll be having too much fun browsing through everything they sell, but that’s okay. It makes me happy to give you resources for clean, whole foods especially when those resources make your life a heck of lot easier. I don’t know about you but I don’t have time to go from store to store looking for fresh nuts and seeds. Perhaps you do, but I ain’t got time for that.
So, it’s just a click away and I order everything I need the first week of each month and it keeps me stocked all month long.
What do I order?
Um, everything. Ha.
Here’s my monthly shopping list for Nuts.com:
- Organic Dry Roasted Almonds- OMG I’m not kidding, these are the best almonds I’ve ever had. Insane flavor. INSANE!
- Organic Raw Walnuts
- Organic Raw Brazil Nuts
- Organic Raw Pecans
- Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds
That lasts me all month. I use them in everything from breakfast smoothies to making homemade nut butters and seed butters to tossing them into salads when I need a boost of protein. I also keep a bag in my work bag because they come in seal-able bags so they’re super easy to travel with on planes, trains and the subway, of course. I snack on them throughout the day to keep my blood sugar stable when I need a little somethin’ somethin’.
So, now that you know everything about me, let’s move onto these Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps. Shall we?
Come on in!
These vegetarian lettuce wraps are not only fun to make but they’re super easy and fun to EAT. I know they look too pretty to eat but you can actually eat them. They are edible. Guacamole and roasted onions are quite possibly the greatest combination I’ve ever created. WOW. So, we’ve got Bibb lettuce leaves filled with a homemade guacamole, tender and super sweet roasted onions, my favorite pecans- of course, and lots of fresh herbs along with cucumbers, grape tomatoes and scallions. Talk about a fun meal. Or appetizer. Or snack.
You can pretty much eat these anytime of the day- I love serving them as appetizers when I’m having company over. They’re pretty to serve to guests and they taste delicious. The best part?
You can use your hands to eat these vegetarian lettuce wraps.
Don’t we all secretly want to be kids again and use our hands to eat? Or is that just me? Either way, get in there, have fun and enjoy.
I know you’re going to love these.
And when you’re food shopping, try your best to buy everything organic. Here’s why I eat organic: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 2 large white onions peeled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 large very ripe avocados peeled, pitted and mashed
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1 large red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- large pinch cumin ground
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce or 2 small heads, leaves separated
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Nuts.com Organic Pecans
- 1 tsp. Nuts.com organic sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the onions on the prepared baking sheet and use your hands to massage the oil onto the onions to coat them completely. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole by combining the mashed avocados, lime juice, red bell pepper, parsley, cilantro, garlic and ground cumin. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Place the BIbb lettuce leaves on a flat surface and add a quarter or half of a quarter of the roasted onions to each Bibb lettuce leaf. Top with the guacamole and cucumber, grape tomatoes, scallion, pecans, sesame seeds and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Serve immediately.