So, I have a new obsession.
Ya see, I’m in love with Pacific Foods. Have been for years now and I just adore them. They’re lovely people and their products have done WONDERS for me, my family and my clients.
But for the past year I haven’t been able to enjoy their amazing broths because they had sugar in them and with my Candida, I couldn’t use them.
But alas, they’ve created a new bone broth without sugar. Now I’m brainstorming a million healthy soup recipes and other chicken broth recipes that I can enjoy all fall and winter long! P.S. It’s a fabulous alternative to drinking coffee in the morning; I’ve been sipping on a mug of this broth first thing in the morning and my Leaky Gut has been happy as a clam!
OMG. I’m in my glory!
Can’t you tell? I’m just a little-itty bitty excited.
Just a little bit.
Basically this is like my entire holiday blended into a bowl of goodness.
You’re going to LOVE love love this new bone broth.
Trust me. I’m a tough critic and when I tasted this bone broth I could not get enough and I just ordered it in bulk for the next few months. #FUN
It’s like eating a bit bowl of Christmas all over again.
Let’s talk about how much flavor these bone broths have. A LOT. Like, more than I’ve ever tasted in a broth before and there’s no additives or chemicals or canned junk. Just pure organic bone broth waiting to be poured into your favorite recipe.
I’ve been wanting to make my own bone broth for such a long time now….it’s so healing for your gut, thyroid and overall immune system–but it’s time consuming since you’ve gotta cook it for at least 24 hours and I’m not sure I wanna do that in my tiny Manhattan apartment, ya know? As soon as I heard about these new Bone Broths from Pacific, I was so excited because they honestly taste even BETTER….YES BETTER than homemade. They slowly simmer organic chicken and turkey bones, sourced from pasture-raised poultry along with apple cider vinegar, water, onion, fresh herbs and seasonings for a full 12 hours. This is a super easy and convenient solution from a brand I love and trust- since I don’t have the time or the room to make my own bone broth.
So, what are you gunna make with it?
You better get out and get yourself a few boxes while they last- I have a feeling people are gunna whip these off the shelves this season.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion diced
- 1 large fennel bulb thinly sliced (fronds and stalks removed)
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 small fresh sage leaves finely chopped
- 1 head curly or dinosaur kale, finely chopped (stems removed)
- 1 large red bell pepper finely diced (stem and seeds discarded)
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4- 1/2 inch pieces (about 1.5 lbs. total)
- 2 large carrots diced (ends discarded)
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Chicken Bone Stock or Broth
- 1 cup organic fresh corn kernels optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Large dash of chili powder
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. raw shelled pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large heavy stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, fennel bulb slices, and minced garlic, Reduce heat to low and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes, stirring often. Than add fresh sage, chopped kale, diced bell pepper, sweet potatoes, diced carrots, optional corn and broth or stock; bring to a boil over medium heat and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Add sea salt, pepper, chili powder and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve warm.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!