This recipe is for the mango lovers out there.
I was never a big fan of mango or papaya until I started using small amounts of these fruits in my recipes and BOOM. Talk about flavor! Wow. I know most of you grew up on processed salad dressings and no mango in site. Right? Me too. Well, let’s kick that habit and make a little switcherooo, shall we?
Enter the best kale n’ mango salad you’ve ever had with a ridiculously amazing (and protein-rich) cashew glaze.
Let me show you how it’s done.
First up, the key is to purchase flat dinosaur kale (not the curly kale). This is HUGE because the curly kale can be messy sometimes for certain salads and for this dish, I wanted more of a flat leafy green- nothing crazy!
Let’s take a look at what’s inside.
Walnuts (high in omega 3’s for inflammation fighting!).
Apple (I like using Pink Lady apples but go with whatever floats your boat).
Purple cabbage (great detox veggie to detox out excess toxins and hormones, ladies).
Parsley (great for detox and any stinky breath).
Cashew butter (just like peanut butter but made with cashews INSTEAD of peanuts). Yes, you can use almond butter if you can’t find cashew butter.
I think we can all agree this is THE salad for summer. I mean, come on. What else can you ask for in here? It’s loaded with all the goodies.
The best way to serve this salad is right after you dress it with the cashew glaze because it will start to get soggy if you don’t. So, make sure everyone’s ready to eat when you finish making this baby. K?
So, hop to it.
Get your summer kickin’ with this fresh salad and let me know how you like it below in the comments or on social media. I love seeing all of your pics posted from the recipes you create.
And when you’re food shopping, try your best to buy everything organic. Here’s why I eat organic: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 head dinosaur flat kale stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup purple cabbage finely chopped
- 1 green or orange bell pepper diced
- 1 large apple thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 ripe mango peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts raw
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter just like peanut butter but made with cahews instead
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 Tbsp. water
- In a large bowl, massage the kale with the olive oil using your hands until the kale is very tender and dark green. Add the cabbage, pepper, apple, grapes, mango, walnuts, parsley and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cashew butter, lemon juice and water. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and drizzle over the kale mixture; toss to combine and serve immediately.