Well Happy National Pistachio Day to you.
Bet ‘ya didn’t know we were celebrating….
Well we are.
So, bring along your party hat because this recipe is soooooo party-worthy.
Never had millet?
Have no fear. It’s a gluten-free grain that my family loves and it’s always fun to switch up the grains, isn’t it? You can’t tell me that eating rice every week ain’t boring. I know it is- and that’s why I’ve gotta fun new grain for you to dig into tonight.
I made this recipe over the weekend and it’s truly delicious.
I guess I just wanted to surprise you.
I whipped up this easy dish in under 30 minutes (take that Rachael Ray, hehe)… I tossed a few ingredients from my pantry into this dish- one’s that you probably have lying around too. The combination of coconut milk yogurt, orange juice and pistachios is amazing. Like, way beyond amazing.
And you’re gunna love it.
I just know it. So, what are you waiting for? Print this baby out and get your booty home to party with your pistachios on this very fine National Pistachio Day!
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Greek dairy-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup pistachios shelled
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- 2 chives finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, boil 2 cups of water.
- Place a large saucepan on the stove top over high heat. Add millet to the dry pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly so the millet doesn't burn. You will start to smell a wonderful toasty scent! Add 2 cups of boiling water and sea salt. Return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat; set aside and cover for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork; add in yogurt, pistachios, orange juice, olive oil, orange zest and chives.
- Serve warm.