Last night I decided to whip up a cooling gazpacho sauce to take off the nonstop heatwave that we’re feelin’ here in Manhattan…it surely has been a bit too hot to turn on my oven and strike up the stove, so I opted for a fresh gazpacho sauce which I drizzled atop my tilapia dinner.
This sauce was the best idea because I was instantly rejuvenated and felt like new person after sweating in this sweltering heat all day…So, why not get creative when making a gazpacho sauce and toss in some blanched almonds, agave and balsamic vinegar to add the perfect hint of pure sweetness to my fresh cucumbers and tomatoes.
- 2 cups cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1 Heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 cup scallions, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- Pinch of chili powder
- Pinch of sea salt and white pepper
- Chives for garnish
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; blend until well combined.
- Serve atop fresh fish, tofu, salads or any summertime dish. Garnish with chives.
Do you enjoy making cooling meals during the summer days? If so, I’d love to hear your recipe for chilled go-to entrees.