Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
Just in time for a little green shamrock fun, here’s an easy gluten-free zucchini bread that you can serve for breakfast or dessert today. I used creamy coconut oil and Himalayan sea salt for this recipe to make it extra flavorful and rich in nutrients.
This recipe is perfect for anytime of the year but I love making it for St. Patty’s day because what’s more fun that eating green food on a green day?
I’ve never tossed in cinnamon to a zucchini bread recipe, but I thought I’d add a bit of natural sweetness for some extra flavor- just in case your zucchini’s aren’t in season or full of mega flavor.
Prime time for zucchini is the summer but it’s such an easy veggie to find that it’s simply such a fun treat to make all year round.
It’s hard to believe spring is coming this week- I’m SO ready for flip flops and sundresses, how about you?
Until then, I’ll just daydream about the warm weather and bake this little loaf of green fun for a mini celebration.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
If you have an egg allergy or if you are vegan, you can substitute the eggs in this recipe here on my Egg Substitute Page.
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large ripe zucchini shredded (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. almond extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup organic coconut oil melted
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. gluten-free aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. all spice
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl; beat eggs until they are fluffy. Add zucchini, almond extract and coconut sugar; mix well. Slowly add coconut oil and continue to mix.
- Sift coconut flour; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine sea salt, baking soda, baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, all spice, lemon zest and sunflower seeds; mix well to combine, then add the dry ingredients to the wet egg mixture. Stir well until wet and dry mixtures are combined and there are no lumps in the batter.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan; bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until bread is set. Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick after 50 minutes to see if the inside is cooked completely.
- Set aside to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm.