Here’s a great recipe for some guilt-less chicken fingers for all of you chicks watching your figures!
Gluten-free, dairy-free baked chicken fingers with a homemade honey mustard.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- Dash of cumin
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mustard powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, or more if needed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mustard seeds
- large pinch white pepper
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cut chicken breasts into desired sized nugget pieces. Set aside.
Combine all dry ingredients in a large Ziploc bag. Seal the bag tightly and shake well until completely mixed. This will be used as your coating mixture.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the low-sodium vegetable broth and egg white. Dip each piece of chicken into the broth/egg white mixture, then dip into the coating mixture ensuring each piece is well coated.
Place coated chicken pieces on the baking sheet. When the sheet is full, place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
While the chicken is cooking in the oven, combine the ingredients for the honey mustard in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 1 minute on medium speed to ensure a 'whipped' dip. Serve chicken fingers with homemade honey mustard dipping sauce. Enjoy!