Here’s a great recipe for some guilt-less chicken fingers for all of you chicks watching your figures!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Dash of cumin
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (or more if needed)
- 1/2 cup mustard powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mustard seeds
- pinch sea salt
- large pinch white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cut chicken breasts into desired sized nugget pieces. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large Ziploc bag. Seal the bag tightly and shake well until completely mixed. This will be used as your coating mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the low-sodium vegetable broth and egg white. Dip each piece of chicken into the broth/egg white mixture, then dip into the coating mixture ensuring each piece is well coated.
- Place coated chicken pieces on the baking sheet. When the sheet is full, place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking in the oven, combine the ingredients for the honey mustard in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 1 minute on medium speed to ensure a ‘whipped’ dip.
- Serve with homemade honey mustard dipping sauce.