Get ready to welcome Carrot Pesto Pasta into your life.
This recipe is one of my new favorites and my mind is blown away by the flavor in making a fresh carrot pesto. I wish I had this recipe like 10 years ago when I was looking to up my pasta game. Talk about a bowl of flavor! This pesto is seriously so good, I am making it again to put on my zucchini noodles for lunch tomorrow. My mind is blown by my pal Heather Christo’s recipe for this Carrot Pesto Pasta from her new cookbook, Pure Delicious. Heather and I met at my very first food conference in San Francisco back in 2010. I can still remember meeting her at the lunch buffet and she was so kind and lovely. We’ve seen each other numerous times since then and she’s always such a breathe of fresh air and takes the time to chat with me and always asks how I’m feeling and doing, which means so much to me. Today I’m sharing her incredible new cookbook that is incredibly beautiful and filled with 150 lovely recipes for anyone that wants real food without gluten, dairy, egg, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, shellfish and cane sugar.
After Heather and both of her young daughters were diagnosed with a laundry list of food allergies and intolerances two years ago, they were able to heal their bodies and minds through changing the way they eat. She’s a gal after my heart since we have so many similar intolerances and her recipes on her blog, Heather Christo, are enough to make your mouth water even when you are full. Be sure to hop on over there for ideas anytime of the year.
I truly admire Heather and all she has done with changing her food and lifestyle to heal herself and her family and I am delighted to share this fabulous pesto recipe with you today. It’s simple to make and tossed with gluten-free whole grain pasta, it’s a real winner.
I hope you’re hungry because this bowl of goodness is going to make you smile.
Recipe reprinted from Pure Delicious by arrangement with Pam Krauss Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Heather Christo LLC.
Photographs copyright © 2016, Heather Christo, LLC.
- Sea Salt
- 4 cups carrots peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound gluten-free whole grain pasta
- Chives for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the carrots to the pot and boil them for 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the carrots, shaking off any excess water. Don't discard the cooking water.
- Place the drained carrots in a blender. Add the garlic, vinegar and oil. Puree until very smooth. Season generously with salt.
- Bring the pot of water back to a boil and add the pasta. Cook just to al dente (a few minutes short of the manufacturer's directions). When the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the empty pot. Add the carrot pesto and toss to coat.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving platter and garnish with chives. Serve hot.