I am so excited to share the new beautiful cookbook, Skinnytaste Fast and Slow cookbook with you from my dear friend, Gina, who writes the Skinnytaste blog. Gina and I met many years ago on a press trip in California and we’ve been good friends since then. She’s been such a caring and loving friend to me so I’m honored to be sharing this fabulous breakfast recipe from her book with all of you!
It’s super easy and can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes so it’s ideal for a weekday breakfast but could also be served on a weekend for a lazy, long brunch! And if you want to get creative, serve this baby for dessert with some cocoa powder for an extra sweet touch.
You’re going to love it. Simple. Delicious and full of fiber, protein, healthy fat and antioxidants. Sounds like a perfect breakfast to me.
p.s. I adapted this recipe a bit from the cookbook to make it gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 2 small bananas
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk) yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free whole grain granola
- ¼ ounce roasted coconut chips or unsweetened coconut flakes
- Halve the bananas lengthwise and place 2 halves in each of 2 shallow bowls. Using half the fruit, divide the strawberries, blackberries and pineapple evenly, placing it in the bottom of each bowl, between the banana slices. Top each with ½ cup of the yogurt, and then with the remaining fruit. Divide the granola and coconut chips between the bowls and serve.