Whether it’s an office cubicle buddy coughing over your shoulder or the changing of seasons, we all need to keep our immune systems healthy. Here are a few ways for you to be sure to keep you out of the doctors office and feeling great!
Eat Healthy Fats and Healthy Foods
- Eat foods that boost your immune system such as mushrooms, cantaloupe, brown rice, olive oil, broccoli, leafy greens, oranges and apples.
- To build your body’s ability to protect itself from becoming sick, be sure to eat whole grains, fish, poultry, vegetables, beans, fruits, leafy greens and roots.
- Don’t be scared of Fat-you need a healthy dose each and everyday. Include healthy fats such as nuts, avocado and olive oil.
- Reach for foods that are high in Vitamin D such as salmon and tuna.
Incorporate Cancer-Fighting Foods, Spices and Herbs
- Garlic is a powerful health enhancer; it’s strong properties protect our immune system.
- Drink black tea and green tea for their antioxidants, tannis, indoles and bioflavonoids, which have all been proven to fight cancer.
- Take time to consider the use of medicinal plants, which have been a natural resource for curing and easing body ailments for centuries.
- Get walking. Be sure to exercise for 30 minutes on most days. Even a walk after dinner can help you digest your food and make you feel energized.
- Try to drink 6-8 glasses a water each day to flush out the toxins in your body.
Wash Your Hands
- Be sure to wash up as often as possible to keep germs from spreading and getting into your mouth and eyes.
Clean Your Cubicle as You Would Your Home
- Many of us spend more time at our desks than we do in our own homes, therefore be sure to keep your cubicle and desk clean with disinfectants.
- Many of us eat meals at our desks, which leads to a whole slew of festering bacteria-Yuck. Be sure to wipe your desk before and after each meal or opt for a chance of scenery and enjoy your lunch in the cafe or outside.
How do you stay healthy? Do you have any tips for boosting your immune system?