Words cannot describe the fun-filled 4 days in San Fran for BlogHer Food…I am a true foodie and I had an amazing time back in San Fran for this incredible conference filled with great food, talented foodie bloggies and lots of tasty eats!
San Fran in 5 Words…
Thank you, San Fran … I will be back soon … I assure you … I do travel for good, quality food.
In Other ‘Healthy Apple’ News This Week:
I recently won the Applegate Farms Recipe Contest … I’ll be sure to keep you posted when my winning recipe is published!
I’m also excited to announce that I won the Honorable Mention of the 2010 Angela’s Unique Recipes “Give the Oven a Rest” Recipe Contest at Angela’s amazing and delicious blog, Amrecipes.
My winning recipe was:
Gluten-Free Black Garlic Risotto Cakes
- 2 bulbs of black garlic, unpeeled
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 parsnips, finely chopped
- 2 cups risotto
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- Nori flakes, for topping
- Olive oil for cooking
- Almond flour
- Tomato sauce, for topping
- Coat garlic with 1 Tbsp. olive oi; puree in a food processor.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add parsnips and onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Add risotto and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add wine and let evaporate.
- When wine has evaporated completely, add vegetable broth slowly, letting each addition evaporate before adding more.
- When risotto is fully cooked, remove from heat; add in nutritional yeast, garlic puree, balsamic vinegar and basil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a large bowl; set aside to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Shape risotto into patties; place onto a baking sheet.
- Cover and place into the fridge for 1 1/2 hours. Place almond flour in a dish; coat each cake with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add risotto cakes and cook until golden brown and cooked through; approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer patties to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Repeat with additional risotto cakes.
- Serve warm with fresh tomato sauce and a sprinkle of nori flakes.
Have a deliciously enjoyable weekend, foodies…
Share your thoughts
Yum, those sound great!
Aww; thanks so much. I actually just made another batch today, hehe…they’re going to be a fabulous part of my lunch this week… Have a great Sunday night and thank you for your comment. Best, Amie
Congratulation on your recipe winnings. How do you find out about all these great competitions?
Aww thanks so much Lisa – I appreciate it! I love entering these contests and recipe testing!