Words cannot describe the fun-filled 4 days in San Fran for BlogHer Food…I am a true foodie and I had an amazing time back in San Fran for this incredible conference filled with great food, talented foodie bloggies and lots of tasty eats!
San Fran in 5 Words…
Thank you, San Fran … I will be back soon … I assure you … I do travel for good, quality food.
In Other ‘Healthy Apple’ News This Week:
I recently won the Applegate Farms Recipe Contest … I’ll be sure to keep you posted when my winning recipe is published!
I’m also excited to announce that I won the Honorable Mention of the 2010 Angela’s Unique Recipes “Give the Oven a Rest” Recipe Contest at Angela’s amazing and delicious blog, Amrecipes.
My winning recipe was:
Gluten-Free Black Garlic Risotto Cakes
- 2 bulbs of black garlic, unpeeled
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 parsnips, finely chopped
- 2 cups risotto
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- Nori flakes, for topping
- Olive oil for cooking
- Almond flour
- Tomato sauce, for topping
- Coat garlic with 1 Tbsp. olive oi; puree in a food processor.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add parsnips and onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Add risotto and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add wine and let evaporate.
- When wine has evaporated completely, add vegetable broth slowly, letting each addition evaporate before adding more.
- When risotto is fully cooked, remove from heat; add in nutritional yeast, garlic puree, balsamic vinegar and basil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a large bowl; set aside to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Shape risotto into patties; place onto a baking sheet.
- Cover and place into the fridge for 1 1/2 hours. Place almond flour in a dish; coat each cake with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add risotto cakes and cook until golden brown and cooked through; approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer patties to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Repeat with additional risotto cakes.
- Serve warm with fresh tomato sauce and a sprinkle of nori flakes.
Have a deliciously enjoyable weekend, foodies…