This summertime dessert is quick to prepare and tastes fresh and cool in your mouth. Enjoy this dish after your summer BBQ and your guests will be delighted!
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Combine rice, salt and 1 1/2 cups water in a pan on the stove top; bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for about 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium sized bowl, whip Greek yogurt with an electric mixture until it forms a whipped consistency. Slowly add in honey and chopped mint leaves. Continue to whip mixture with the electric mixer at medium speed, until thickened. Add in rice.
- Spoon into dessert glasses and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve chilled.