There’s nothing like a warm soup on a cool winter evening. This unique soup pairs acorn squash, parsnips and apples together along with Stonyfield yogurt. The combination of fruits and sweet winter vegetables makes this soup a perfect way to end your day.
- 2 medium acorn squash, sliced lengthwise in half
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups granny smith apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 freshly ground white pepper
- Oikos plain Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 fresh basil, chopped
- Place squash cut side down on rack set over gently simmering water in saucepan. Cover and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Cool squash slightly. Scoop pulp and set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup vegetable broth, apples, parsnips and onion in heavy medium saucepan.
- Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes. Add squash pulp, remaining broth, orange juice, ginger and sea salt.
- Cover and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a food processor
- Strain through into a medium-sized saucepan; gently warm over low heat.
- Add orange zest. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with Oikos plain Greek yogurt and basil.
Check out the OpenSky Holiday Promotion Page
From now until midnight on Wednesday, you can sign up to receive coupons ranging from $15 to $100 off and 10% to 50% off.
The quicker you enter your email at http://holidays.theopenskyproject.com/ the better your chances for great savings. You’ll note this page asks users to input their favorite shopkeeper. For favorite shopkeeper, please input: AMIE
Every user will receive a coupon!
- OpenSky is the place for your holiday shopping.
- Sign up for savings here: http://holidays.theopenskyproject.com/
- I only have 50 Premium Coupons for $15 off a $20 item so sign up quickly!
- To save the most, type AMIE as your favorite Shopkeeper.