Before we talk about this cobbler, I’d like to ask you a question. Did you know that You are your most important relationship?
If not, you should.
I learned long ago what happiness is…
Happiness is when you feel good about yourself without feeling the need for anyone else’s approval. You must first have a healthy relationship with yourself before you can have a healthy relationship with anyone else.
It’s a must for 2013 to feel worthwhile and acceptable in your own eyes. This way, you’ll be able to look confidently into the eyes of the people around you and connect with them.
As we near the end of January, remember to take time for yourself.
Since I’ve lived in NYC I’ve given my life to my fancy Manhattan jobs. Running out for doctors appointments, trying to make everyone else happy- but never putting myself first or worrying about my own happiness.
Even in my most recent job- I did not feel ‘worthy’ or ‘worth’ it. I felt like little Amie just pounding out the work and never taking time for myself.
Well, those days are over.
I’m all about taking time for me and my body and healing and learning and working on myself.
Because if you don’t take care of yourself, who will?
Now, dig on into this Apple Cobbler recipe and let me know what you think!
- 8 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1/2 cup stevia such as Stevia in the Raw
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic All Spice
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Almond Milk
- 1 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine apples and cranberries in a large glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, blend butter, stevia, oats, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, spices and sea salt.
- Add maple syrup and almond milk. Drop the cobbler mixture by the spoonful onto the apple and cranberry mixture. Pat down cobbler mixture and sprinkle with additional stevia, if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside for 5 minutes before serving. Top with a scoop of So Delicious Dairy-Free Ice Cream, if desired.
RECIPE COPYRIGHT // This recipe was created by Amie Valpone. Please do not reprint this recipe without our permission. If you’d like to feature this recipe on your website, please rewrite the directions and link to this recipe as the original source. Thank you.