Earlier this week, I met with one of my clients and I decided to introduce her to bison…we purchased freshly ground bison from Whole Foods Market and went back to her apartment to create some tasty bison balls! After scouring her fridge, I came across freshly ground nut butter and opted to add that to the ingredient list…needless to say, I was yearning for a bison ball and decided to whip them up in my little kitchen last night! I used freshly ground macadamia nut butter and a few other fabulous ingredients that I had in my fridge…the result: Amazing.
Moving forward, I will always make a note to add nut butter to my bison balls, hehe…it added the perfect texture and taste…it was beyond delish! Just be sure the nut butter is softened before you create these balls as the softness of the nut butter combines perfectly with the other ingredients.
Now I can’t wait to try this recipe with other nut butters…almond, peanut, cashew…O My! I’ve got some exciting ideas for other nut butter balls…coming soon!
- 1/2 lb. ground bison
- 2 Tbsp. natural macadamia nut butter (softened)
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Optional Toppings: Nutritional yeast, salsa, Greek plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Using hands, mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon bison mixture into balls (or patties) and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes; flipping the tray after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
- Serve warm with salsa and Greek plain yogurt for dipping.
In The News This Week…
And, the best news of the week: Congrats to my Mother for earning the Teacher of The Year award at her school! I love you, Mom…Happy early birthday!