A simple soup.
Which is what we’re all looking for on these chilly Autumn days.
It’s a simple vegan soup.
And some may call it my ‘Famous Carrot Soup‘.
A few spices.
A bit of berry flavored herbal tea.
Yep. That’s right.
You’re not going crazy or loosing your mind.
I added my favorite herbal berry tea to this soupy.
And it’s perfection.
Herbal tea in a soup?
If you’re anything like me, you’ll be making this soup over and over again.
My inspiration came from my crudites platter.
After arranging these pretty veggies and homemade salsa onto my shinny white platter, I decided I didn’t want crudites.
I wanted soup.
So, I got out my stock pot.
Cleaned off the white platter.
The end result?
A spectacular soup that is perfectly sweet and perfect for an appetizer or mid-afternoon snack.
Get those soup spoons ready.
This is a good one.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 lb. fresh carrots, julienne
- 1 lb. fresh parsnips, julienne
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 10 asparagus stalks, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups raspberry herbal tea, brewed
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and coriander. Reduce heat, cook until onions are translucent approximately 5 minutes. Add carrots and parsnips. Cook for 20 minutes or until carrots and parsnips are soft. Add broccoli and asparagus;cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate pot, boil brewed tea. Add onion mixture and bring to a boil. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor; add tomatoes. Blend in batches until smooth. Add sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowls, top with cilantro and coconut flakes.
And Now it’s Time for my ‘Mighty Bowls of Goodness’ Giveaway hosted by Whole Foods Market down in Austin, Texas. I’ll be picking a winner next Friday, November the 18th at 5PM EST.
- Leave me a comment on this post telling me why you’d like to win this basket.
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment letting me know you did.
- Post this giveaway on Facebook and tag me at ‘Amie Jo’ or ‘The Healthy Apple’
Here is what is included in the Mighty Bowl of Goodness Gift Basket:
- truRoots Organic Quinoa 12 oz
- truRoots Organic Sprouted Mung Beans 10 oz
- truRoots Organic Sprouted Green Lentils 10 oz
- Bragg Liquid Aminos Spray Bottle 6 oz
- Bragg Organic 24 Herbs & Spices Sprinkle Seasoning