These babies are tasty enough to knock your little socks off, I just couldn’t get enough of them last night and after one bite, I was in tortilla heaven.
I love experimenting in my tiny Manhattan kitchen with odds n’ ends that I have in my pantry. It keeps my meals exciting and my taste buds curious… to say the least. Last night, I simply reached for a jar of salsa, refried beans and tortillas-the rest was left to my imagination, which always seems to run wild with condiments and mix-ins. I had a nice pint of strawberries in my fridge, which added a perfect touch of sweetness to my dish.
I hope you enjoy this warm n’ tasty tortilla; the best part is the melted soy cheese- a the perfect way to warm up on a chilly September day.
- Tortillas (Gluten Free/ Whole Wheat)
- 1 can Amy’s Organic Refried Beans
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Fresh or Frozen Spinach
- Slivered Carrots
- Greek Yogurt
- SoyaKaas Gluten Free/Dairy Free Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Scallions, chopped
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Fresh Avocado, sliced
- Amy’s Organic Corn and Bean Salsa
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tortilla onto center of plate and spread re-fried beans over the entire surface.
- Add sliced strawberries, carrots, scallions, avocado slices, cilantro, cheese and spinach atop of the beans. Top with another tortilla. Press down on the tortilla gently.
- Place tortilla in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.
- Finish off with a few dollops of salsa, mashed avocado and Greek yogurt.