This light and healthy treat will leave you satisfied all night long. My unique combination of salty nori (Japanese seaweed) and tangy Greek yogurt makes the flavor of these poached pears pop. A drizzle of honey and a handful of toasted pine nuts satisfies your taste buds with each bite! and I assure you won’t feel guilty indulging in this tasty dessert…Go ahead, give it a try and let me know your thoughts.
- 1 tsp. Low Sodium Tamari (Wheat-Free Soy Sauce)
- 4 ginger tea bags
- 2 cups red wine
- 8 mint sprigs
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 ripe, firm pears
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Nori sheets, toasted
- Dollop of Greek yogurt, topping
- Raw honey, topping
- Boil water and steep ginger tea bags with mint springs for 15 minutes. Pour liquid into a medium saucepan.
- Add tamari, wine, vanilla bean and cloves to the steeped tea; cook over Medium heat.
- Slice the orange in half. Zest 1/2 of the orange and add this zest to the saucepan. Squeeze the juice from the other 1/2 of the orange into the saucepan.
- When the liquid begins to simmer, lower heat for a slow simmer.
- Peel each pear and gently place into the poaching liquid.
- Simmer the pears for 15-30 minutes (pears should be tender, not mushy).
- Remove the pears and set aside to cool.
- While the pears are still warm, halve each pear and cut out the core.
- Serve pears warm over a dollop of Greek yogurt atop a toasted nori sheet.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and a drizzle of raw honey.