I’ve been playing with cherries all week.
They’re so darn pretty but that’s not stopping me from finding some pretty darn unique ways to eat ’em up.
Or should I say drink ’em up?
In the mood for a lil’ non alcoholic drink?
That’s what I thought.
Off the record- I’ve been hibernating in my air conditioning along with 10 bags of cherries from Whole Foods Market. They’re so nice to me over there- they treated me to cherries this week and I’ve got the stained pink lips to prove it.
Because this spritzer is a heck of a lotta fun to sip.
Kinda like a mint julep- but without the whole alcohol thing.
And since I can’t drink alcohol- this has become my go-to beverage of the Sweltering Summer of 2012.
Welcome to Manhattan in a heat wave.
Add in some cherries and you’ll be giddy enough to add them to your beverages, too.
I mean, what else were you gunna do with those pretty pink cherries?
If you don’t wanna drink ’em… you can always make a cherry guacamole instead.
But I think you should go for the spritzer.
It’s 90 degrees outside- give yourself a break, will ya?
It’s cheap n’ sweet…and O so very tasty.
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. lime zest, plus more for garnish
- 4 fresh mint or basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 cups sparkling water or seltzer
- Juice cherries using a juicer or a blender into a large glass.
- Strain through a sieve, pushing juice through with a spatula. Discard cherry solids.
- Pour cherry juice into a large pitcher. Add remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve chilled with additional lime zest, if desired.
Calories: 84.2 Cal • Cal Fat: 0.4 g • Protein: 1.1 g • Carb: 21.4 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 18.1 g • Sodium: 0.5 mg