Not only is this a great invention derived from yesterday’s burrito recipe, but it is a wonderful way to enjoy the tasty flavors of a burrito in a soup! I discovered this recipe from yesterday’s leftover breakfast burritos in my fridge…after deciding I wanted a soup for dinner, I thought, “How about a soup burrito?”
- Olive oil
- Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- Green and Red Pepper (Chopped)
- 2 Stalks Celery (Chopped)
- Sweet Potato (Diced)
- 1 Can Eden Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Eden Organic Black Beans
- 1 Can Amy’s Organic Re-fried Beans
- 1 Pkg. Frozen Corn
- String Beans
- Spices: Garlic, Basil, Oregano, Chili powder to taste
- Nu-Salt and Pepper
- SoyaKaas Gluten Free/Dairy Free Cheese (Topping)
- Tofutti Sour Cream (Topping)
- Saute cumin seeds, chopped onion, peppers, celery and sweet potato with olive oil in a skillet.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, can of rinsed black beans, can of re-fried beans, frozen corn and string beans.
- Add water, Nu-Salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, chili powder to taste.
- Top with shredded SoyaKaas cheese and a dollop of Tofutti sour cream.
Do you find yourself discovering new recipes in your kitchen with left-overs?
Don’t forget–tomorrow is the last day to enter for your chance to win 2 Jars of Peanut Butter with my Peanut Butter Giveaway!