Hey YOU. Ya, you. What’s for lunch today?
Boring leftovers from last night? Takeout pizza? A soggy salad. Ya, I thought so.
I’ve got you covered.
You’re gunna love this easy non-soggy (fresh) salad … it’ll blow your mind and I bet you have a few of these ingredients in your fridge right now.
Plus it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and vegan. And it tastes pretty gosh darn good, too.
How about a lil’ fresh baby spinach, almonds, radishes, coconut oil and sweet balsamic vinegar all tossed together for a perfect little mid-afternoon meal? I made this salad a few weeks ago and I’ve been making it every week since. Yes it’s THAT good. It’s delicious chilled but I also love to munch on it right out of the fridge. Shhh!
The pretty pink radishes, crunchy almonds and baby spinach pair so nicely and if you choose to use balsamic vinegar- it’ll match up and compliment the sweet coconut oil.
I love how nutritious and fresh this dish is without sacrificing any flavor. It reminded me to break out those perky radishes more often, so when I’ve gotta sweet tooth I simply roast these radishes with almonds and balsamic for an easy snack. I’ve even started adding a bit of chili powder and cinnamon to give ’em a little extra kick of flavor. I have to admit- I’ve been roasting radishes the past few weeks and popping them into my mouth as after dinner snacks- now I’m counting the days until summer so I can grill these radishes with my family down at the shore.
Summer come on- I’m ready for ya! I’m so ready for my flip-flops and a cute pedicure. How about you?
I created this recipe for the Almond Board of California; check out my other tasty recipes in the Almond Board’s Spring Booklet, free to download here.
Now don’t forget to hop on over to my Facebook Page where I’m giving away new prizes every day for my ‘Spring Has Spring’ Giveaway.
- 1 cup radishes, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine radishes with olive oil; gently toss. Transfer radishes to a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until radishes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, sea salt and pepper; whisk to combine and set aside.
- Remove radishes from the oven; set aside to cool for 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baby spinach with whole almonds, roasted radishes and basil. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine. Transfer salad to two serving dishes.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.