I’m kinda on a homemade chocolate cookie kick lately, as I’m sure you can tell.
There’s been a few more cookies on this blog in the last few weeks than I usually have. But don’t worry- I won’t bombard you with cookies.
But I do want to share this one recipe with you. Paleo Cardamom Chocolate Chip Cookies.
A total classic.
Why am I sharing this recipe with you when there are a million other chocolate chip cookies out there in cookbooks and on websites and blogs? Well, silly, it’s because chocolate chip cookies are like the little black dress of fashion. You never know when you’re gunna need it and it’s always fun to have one on hand- in case of emergency.
Know what I mean?
These cookies are made without gluten, dairy, soy and grains. Plus, they’re vegan so you can surely serve these babies to your family and friends (or just keep all 10 for yourself to enjoy).
With the warmer weather coming our way and Memorial Day a month away- it’s time to get thinking about what you’re going to serve those BBQ guests.
Did I hear someone say ice cream sandwiches? Mmmmm hmmmm. You betcha; these are going to make awesome ice cream sandwiches this summer. Almond milk or coconut milk ice cream sandwiched between two of these babies is gunna bee heaven on Earth. But, until the temps hit 90 degrees- let’s stick with some warm, protein-packed and flavorful cookies.
O ya, did I mention there’s cardamom and cinnamon in this recipe, too? They’re so unique and you’re going to adore them.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup almond meal
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. pure organic maple syrup (you can also use honey)
- 1¾ tsp. pure vanilla extract (you can also use almond extract)
- 1 tsp. almond milk
- 4 Tbsp. dairy-free chocolate chips (you can also use finely chopped chocolate pices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, sea salt, baking soda, ground cardamom and ground cinnamon. Add melted coconut oil, organic maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond milk. Add in more almond milk if needed. Mix well to combine; add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven; set aside (and keep cooking on the baking sheet) for 10-12 minutes.