Need a last minute side dish for dinner tonight?
I thought so.
My vegetable fries may be just what’s missin’ on your plate.
I mean, let’s get serious…
We all love fries.
And who doesn’t love baked fries?
Greasy fried fries are so 80’s.
And we’re so way beyond that.
Come on now.
This recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3 so no excuses for pulling up to that drive-thru window. Get your oven on and get busy, people.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Slice eggplant in half; then lay the flat portion of the eggplant flat on the surface and slice each half into 8 fry-like shapes using a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add eggplant fries; gently toss to coat.
- Place coated eggplant fries on prepared baking dish; bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a side of salsa or guacamole.
Calories: • 98 Cal • Fat: 7.7 g • Protein: 1.2 g • Carb: 7.8 g • Fiber: 3.0 g • Sugar: 0.5 g • Sodium: 133.2 mg
If you are in the NYC area I’d love to have you join me at the General Electric (GE) Monogram Showroom for my Free Clean Food Event and Tasting with wine and healthy treats on September 17, 2012 at the Architects & Designers Building Free RSVP Here
150 East 58th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10155