Kiwi A Go-Go…
What’s in a Kiwi?
Kiwi’s are soaring with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They’re a rich source of Vitamins A, C and E…so set aside that orange and reach for a kiwi…
Need another reason to get kiwi a go-go?
These beautiful fuzzy babies are soaring with potassium, so go ahead and set aside that banana and reach for a kiwi…
Calcium in a kiwi? You bet. Milk may do a body good, but kiwi’s have calcium, too!
Like all fruits n’ veggies, kiwi’s are full of fiber and taste delicious when added to breakfast, lunch, dinner or even dessert!
Yearning for a lil’ Omega-3 Fatty Acid? Well, look no further than kiwi’s because when their seeds are crushed, they yield an oil rich in Omega 3’s…
And if that isn’t enough for you…these fuzzy lil’ friends are hard at work from the minute you bite into them..attacking free radicals to protect your body, keep you healthy and happy!
So, just because I’m the Healthy Apple, doesn’t mean I’m not a Healthy Kiwi, too…hehe…
Because I sure am…
And here’s proof ‘in the puddin’:
Kiwi Cashew Pudding
Here is a kiwi-rific dairy free and gluten free pudding that can be enjoyed for a breakfast porridge, an afternoon snack or an evening dessert without the guilt. So, next time you’re yearnin for a healthy snack, reach into your fridge for a scoop of my refreshing and chilled Kiwi Cashew Puddin’…
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly ground white pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup cashews
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine almond milk and coconut milk; bring to a boil.
- Slowly add buckwheat; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in kiwi, agave, all-spice, cinnamon, white pepper and sea salt; mix well. Continue to simmer until buckwheat is cooked.
- Transfer to a covered bowl and place into the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with a sprinkle of ground cashews.
Visit www.thegreatkiwiadventure.com where you, too can enter this contest!