Here are four quizzes for you that will be helpful in determining what is going on inside your body when your Western medicine doctors have no answers. Grab a pen and a piece of paper and write your answer to each question down- then tally up the count of YES responses for each test.
I. Leaky Gut Health Quiz
Leaky gut is when the barrier of your intestinal wall isn’t working and undigested food gets into your bloodstream, which causes an immune and inflammatory reaction throughout your body. You can learn more about Leaky Gut Here.
- Have you been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease?
- Do you have more than two food sensitivities after doing The Elimination Diet?
- Do you have chronic stress in your life?
- Take the Dysbiosis test BELOW. Do you have Dysbiosis?
If you answered YES to two or more of these questions, I suggest you visit your Integrative M.D. and talk to them about your Leaky Gut Syndrome. This means your intestinal barrier is not working properly and it needs to be healed so your immune system can be repaired before MORE damage is done.
II. Enzyme Health Quiz
We all need Enzymes to help with our digestion- they’re made in our pancreas and they’re released as soon as food leaves our stomach. They break down fat, carbs and protein. If your pancreas isn’t secreting enzymes like it should be, you may have some of the symptoms here.
- Do you have glucose intolerance?
- Do you have foul smelling stool?
- Do you bruise easily? Could be a vitamin K deficiency.
- Do you have a B12 deficiency? Could be a cause of anemia.
- Are you constipated?
- Do you have undigested food in your stool?
- Do your ankles swell?
- Do you have fullness after a meal?
- Do you have indigestion after a meal?
- Do you have stomach bloating after a meal?
If you answered YES to more than 4 of these questions, I suggest you ask your Integrative M.D. about adding enzymes to your regime. Here, you can learn MORE about ENZYMES.
III. Stomach Acid Health Quiz
- Are your eyes dilated?
- Are you Iron deficient?
- Do you have Candida or parasites?
- Do you have Food Allergies?
- Do you have flatulence with your bloating?
- Do you have Acid Reflux?
- Do you take antacids such as Tums?
- Do you have Rosacea?
- Do you have acne?
- Do you have weak fingernails?
- Are you nauseous after eating?
- Are you full after eating?
- Do you belch after eating?
- Are you bloated after eating?
If you answered YES to more than 5 of these questions, you may have LOW STOMACH ACID. You could also have low digestive enzymes and Dysbiosis, which are outlined on this page, too. I suggest you see your Integrative M.D. and talk to him about replacing pancreatic enzymes, bile acids or stomach acid to heal your gut.
IV. Dysbiosis Health Quiz
The health of your gut is determined by whether you have dysbiosis, how well you digest your food and if you have Leaky Gut. Dysbiosis- is an imbalance of good flora in your intestines caused by not enough good bacteria or an overgrowth of yeast (Candida), harmful bacteria or parasites.
- Do you have bloating?
- Do you have brain fog?
- Do you have bad breath?
- Do you take antacids such as Tums?
- Do you have any food sensitivities or intolerance’s?
- Have you taken antibiotics more than two times this year?
- Have you been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease or condition?
- Do you have severe Stress?
- Do you have heartburn or Acid Reflux?
- Do you have a vitamin D deficiency?
- Do you have Arthritis or Fibromyalgia?
- Do you have trouble digesting beans and fiber?
- Do you have trouble digesting carbohydrates?
- Are you depressed or full of anxiety?
- Do you have sinus congestion?
- Do you have constipation?
- Do you have chronic diarrhea?
- Do you often get stomach bugs?
- Do you have cramps after you eat?
- Do you have mucus or blood in your stool?
If you answered YES to more than 15 of these questions, you may have severe dysbiosis and I recommend you make an appointment with your Integrative M.D. to fix your intestinal flora which is causing issues in your entire body such as harmful bacteria overgrowth, parasites and yeast.
It is essential to work with a nutritionist and an Integrative M.D. because I am sharing general information that is not intended to be medical advice. I worked with Dr. Alan Warshowsky and Dr. Richard Horrowitz on my gut health. This information is only given for informational purposes.