Just in time for the Fall harvest and Thanksgiving, here is a delicious recipe filled with colorful and flavorful vegetables that will pair well with any main dish. I love making these roasted veggies for my Thanksgiving guests…they are naturally sweet and when baked with the sweet combination of agave nectar, balsamic and pumpkin pie spice, these veggies are out-of-this world incredible. So, go ahead…wow your guests this Thanksgiving with my roasted veggie recipe…I sure know that my family will be enjoying these veggies next Thursday.
Mom, get the oven ready! We’re makin’ roasted veggies…
I hope you’re ready.
Harvest Roasted Balsamic Veggies
- 3 medium yellow onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 medium red potatoes, sliced 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 3 medium turnips peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced into ‘fry-like’ pieces
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and sliced into ‘fry-like’ pieces
- 3 medium butternut squashes, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 15 garlic cloves, outer skins removed
- 3 medium orange sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 rosemary sprigs, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place garlic and all vegetables except sweet potatoes into two large bowls
- Place sweet potatoes in a separate bowl. Drizzle each bowl with olive oil, agave nectar and balsamic vinegar; sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper.
- Toss gently; then spread mixed vegetables onto baking sheets. Sprinkle rosemary sprigs over vegetables.
- Roast vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes. Continue roasting, stirring every 20 minutes until vegetables are brown and tender, approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper, sea salt and pepper, to taste.
What are your favorite side-dishes to make for Thankgiving? I’d love to hear your recipes…