This is a wonderful cool, summertime salad that I love to make…the crunchiness of the peanuts and grapes add the perfect texture to this healthy meal.
- 3 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- 1/3 cup red onions, chopped
- 1 cup red grapes
- Large bed of spinach greens
- 2 Tbsp. peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. honey
- Dash of ground white pepper and Nu-Salt
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- In a food processor/blender puree orange juice and avocado. Add the Greek yogurt, basil, honey and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Spray grill with cooking spray and pre-heat grill.
- Season the tofu with Nu-Salt and pepper. Thread tofu onto metal skewers; leave a 1/3” between each piece. Cook for 4 minutes per side. Remove the skewers and transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook the corn in a large pot of boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove and place on teh grill for 6 minutes; turning often until the corn shows golden brown spots. Set aside to cool. Slice the kernels off the cobs and add to the bowl with the tofu. Add in the tomatoes, red grapes, peanuts and onions.
- Toss gently with the dressing.
- Serve over a bed of fresh spinach greens.