Goooooood Morning, Sunshine!
I’ve got a boat-load of grain-free cracker recipes in my NEW cookbook and I’ve been dying to share them all with you…. I won’t be sharing the cookbook recipes on my blog, but you can order my cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation and Reset Your Body (filled with over 200 recipes free of gluten, dairy, soy, refined sugar, eggs, white flour, all purpose flour and more) and you’ll get 6 Free Exclusive Recipes that are NOT in my cookbook when you enter your purchase code on the landing page!
But, since I do love you so much….
I thought it would be fun to share a grain-free cracker recipe that I’ve been making for myself the last few years.
It’s delicious and super easy to make.
You just need some raw nuts and seeds….
Along with some fresh herbs…
And a dash of dried spices for a kick of flavor.
All you have to do is whirl that all together in a food processor until it forms a dough, then flatten it out with a rolling pin, score the little square crackers and pop them in the oven until they’re golden brown.
Trust me, these are like biting into heaven.
They are SO satisfying and delicious.
You can serve them alone for a crunchy snack or serve them with hummus, sliced avocado or salsa as well as my favorite nut cheese and you’ve got yourself a fiber-packed nibble that’s filled with healthy fats, protein and lots of nutrients.
Say good-bye to those white flour gluten-free crackers that you see on the store shelves in the food store.
They won’t do anything but turn to sugar in your body! I don’t care that they are only a few calories…they are void of nutrients and they are similar to sawdust in your body- they do nothing for you nutritionally. They’re inflammatory and they’ll turn to sugar when they are digested because they are made from white flour.
So, why are these crackers a better option?
Because these homemade crackers are loaded with healthy fats and protein and nutrients in each bite – so they will stabilize your blood sugar and will NOT turn to sugar in your body because they are not made from white flour.
There are no flours or grains in this recipe, which makes them Paleo-friendly.
They also don’t contain any animal products (no eggs!) so they are also vegan-friendly.
And if you’re neither paleo or vegan….well then you’ll never know these are made from a bunch of nuts and seeds. They’re so flavorful and satisfying and the combination of nuts and seeds makes them hearty- so you won’t go through a whole batch of them in one sitting like you will from a box of starchy white flour crackers from the food store.
So, toss those processed, packaged crackers that are sitting in your pantry and invest in some raw nuts and seeds and put your health first. Yes, they are more expensive than buying a box of white floured-air (aka saw dust crackers) but they will support your body in your detox efforts as well as giving you protein, fiber and healthy fats to fuel your body anytime of the day.
Whether you serve these for breakfast with almond butter and jam or for a snack with hummus, you’ll be thanking me. These are going to be your new best friends (and there are a BUNCH of other grain-free crackers in my NEW COOKBOOK Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation and Reset Your Body so order your copy today. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why I eat organic: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- ¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. black (or white) sesame seeds
- ½ cup finely shredded carrot, optional
- 1 tsp. dried parsley or tarragon
- ½ tsp. ancho chile powder
- ⅛ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, except the water. Process for 30 seconds. Then with processor running add the 2 tablespoons of water and continue to process in the food processor until a rough dough forms.
- Place the dough on a large piece of parchment paper. Using your hands pat the dough into a large rectangle. Then place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll it to about ⅛ of inch thickness. Remove the top parchment paper and use a pizza cutter to trim the edges. Then transfer the dough to a baking sheet and use pizza cutter to cut cracker shapes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway. The crackers should be firm to the touch and golden brown. Cool completely and serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.