What’s a cold winter night without cornbread?
My point exactly. You’ll probably need this tonight.
This cornbread is quite delicious and what makes it extra special is the dash of cinnamon and fresh basil; they add a perfectly sweet touch to each bite. My favorite way to serve this recipe is toasted with a drizzle of honey on top. Or if you’re feeling extra special, you can top it with a scoop of almond milk ice cream.
How’s that for a winter dessert?
As I focus on my self love that I’ve been referring to the last few weeks, I wanted to leave you with a few thoughts to ponder and think about. We all deserve self love and it’s amazing how good it feels to treat your body like you would a little baby- because we give babies so much love, why not give ourselves that same kind of love?
No amount of self improvement can make up for any lack of self acceptance.
The more loving I become, the more significant I will be.
I’ve got TWO Exciting Announcements for YOU today!
And I am hosting a February Valentine’s GIVEAWAY for a Bodum BISTRO Immersion Blender & Grinder Set:
If you’d like to win both a Bodum BISTRO Immersion Blender with Stand and Grinder Set, here’s how to enter: “Like” Healthy Apple on Facebook and “Like” Bodum North America on Facebook then leave me a comment here telling me you entered. Participants may only enter to win once.
I’ll be picking a winner on February 11th at 5PM EST.
- Egg replacer for 2 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1¼ cup So Delicious Almond Plus Almond Milk
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or defrosted frozen kernels)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Beat egg replacer, butter and milk in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients; mix well to combine. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.