Ever made a farinata?
Protein Gluten-Free Goodness.
Have I persuaded you to make a Farinata yet?
It’s not as complicated as it looks.
Go ahead, give this recipe a whirl and bake it on up.
Something new to add to your meals.
Think of it this way:
It’s a cute, new protein that can be enjoyed in so many ways.
Need some pairing advice?
Just ask away. I’ve gotta lotta these Farinata dishes stored in my little head.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven to warm.
- Combine chickpea flour and water; whisk well to combine. Add sea salt, pepper, olive oil and rosemary. Set aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Place 4 ramekins on warm pizza stone and heat 15 minutes in the oven.
- Remove ramekins from oven, spray with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer chickpea mixture into hot pan. Return to oven; bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove ramekins from oven; set aside to cool. Slice farinata into chunks or strips.
- Serve atop vegetables, salads or whole grains.
Check out my interview on Good Food Jobs this week.
And enter to win 1 of 5 cases of Fiesta Rice from Mom Made Foods organic food. I’m picking 5 winners next Friday, September the 30th.
- Follow me on Twitter. Tweet about this giveaway.
- Leave a comment telling me why you’d like to try Mom Made Foods (gluten-free and organic) Fiesta Rice.
- Like The Healthy Apple on Facebook.