I know your in the mood for a lil’ Flourless Chocolate Cake…
And this one’s fit to be more of a hand-held snack than a slice o’ cake.
Why? Well, cupcakes are just more fun.
And who doesn’t wanna have a whole lotta fun this summer?
That’s what I thought.
You’ve been looking around for healthy cupcakes all summer, haven’t you?
You’ve prolly had a few that were not so bad- but boy o’ boy let me tell you about these babies- because they’re gunna blow you away.
No flour- no gluten- no dairy- nope, nope, nope.
These bite-sized treats are fun to eat and share at your next summer BBQ or party- heck, you don’t even need a reason to eat these cupcakes- although a celebration would be fun.
But, don’t wait until Labor Day to make these- believe me. You’ll wanna make ’em tnite.
So, when my fabulous friend, Marian over at Sweetopia asked me to create a tasty cupcake recipe- I couldn’t wait to get busy in my kitchen and whip up a unique spin on a classic flourless chocolate cake but in cupcake form.
And the best part is that Marian created my flourless chocolate cupcake recipe for her blog today, too. And added a fun icing topping for you to check out. So fun.
So, head on over to Sweetopia and check out her Back to School out-of-this-world cupcakes (she’s amazing- the talent that goes into her baked goods blows me away with every post she does—I assure you you’ll be gettin’ lots of fun ideas from her).
So, get your muffin tin ready- we’re makin’ some cupcakes y’ all. Have one night- heck have two tonight and one tomorrow morning. You’ll thank me.
- 10 large eggs
- 3 oz. baking chocolate such as Green & Black
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. almond extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup almond butter, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cupcake tins with nonstick baking spray.
- Separate eggs into large small bowls; one for egg yolks and one for egg whites.
- In a small saucepan, melt baking chocolate and dark chocolate.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks on medium-high speed until and thick, approximately 7 minutes. Reduce speed to low; add sea salt and ⅔ cup granulated sugar until mixture becomes thick and creamy, approximately 8 minutes. Add melted chocolate and pistachios; continue to beat with mixer on low speed.
- Add almond extract to the large bowl of egg whites. Beat until foamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup sugar; beat on high speed until soft peaks form, approximately 5 minutes.
- Fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly among cupcake tins. Transfer to the oven; bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool on baking racks.
- Slice each cupcake in half. Serve warm with a spread of almond butter for a healthy spin on sugary icing.