Homemade Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Larabars
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1-2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cacao powder or carob powder
- 2 Emmy's Organic Chocolate Macaroons, optional
- pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until mixture forms a dough consistency and is smooth yet still has a few tiny chunks of almonds. Add more water if needed.
- Transfer dough to a flat surface or cutting board and slice into 6 bars and serve.
- Store in fridge.
Serving Size: 1 ~ Calories: 282 ~ Fat: 19 ~ Protein: 7 ~ Carb:26g ~ Fiber: 4g ~ Sugar: 18g ~ Sodium: 76mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2014/07/21/homemade-chocolate-coconut-macaroon-larabars/